张学勇移民公司
微信扫一扫 分享朋友圈

已有 6054 人浏览分享

开启左侧

[Good paid]you guys can write a couple of "english slang"

[复制链接]
6054 710
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-29 09:29:05 | 显示全部楼层
haha ...that\'s really cute ..... hao hao xue xi tian tian xiang shang ~~~ ... at least what you wrote was in english ^^

As i was taking a shower this morning, i thought of another one ~~

::::: GET OUT OF MY HAIR::::::::::
There\'s a literal meaning to this, if someone says \"Get this piece of gum out of my hair\" ... you should help them  by using scissors or whatever you can find ....
Otherwise... this means ... to LEAVE ME ALONE AND STOP BOTHERING ME~~~~
Haha... I always picture a middle-aged mother saying this to their children ... or a teenage sister using it in an attempt to chase away their annoying little brother....
I always see this phrase used in movies ... I guess people also use it in their homes ... Between my friends and I, however, it\'s not used that often. I think it\'s because this phrase was used in the last generation ... I am not sure about that ...
When you say \"Get out of my hair\" or \"Can you get out of my hair\" ... the person whom you are speaking to should understand the meaning and stop bothering you. Unless, of course, they don\'t know the meaning of this phrase... but most people should know.
To make your  statement stronger, you could add \"JUST\" to it. For example: Just GET OF of my Hair... or Can you just get Out of My HAIR? ... By adding that one single word, you are expressing your frustration and lack of patience in that situation.
You can use it jokingly if you want someone to go and add a laugh after it ... Eg. Can you just get out my hair? haha ... By adding that laugh, it softens the hostility towards the listener. If they are a smart person, they\'ll quickly say their goodbyes and leave... However, some people just can\'t take the hint... they\'ll stay and keep on talking and talking ... bothering you to no end.... In THAT case... just simply tell them ... \"When I told you to get out of my hair? I meant it, seriously. So, just go away and leave me alone\"  ... By doing so ... you might hurt them a bit ... but, hey, at least they won\'t be there to make you angry anymore ^^

Hope everyone has a fun day today ~~ while i freeze in this cold, hard, laboratory ^^ ...
Q(^.^Q)    ♡§мإ Ŀε♡ Ŧăkз м3 ăώǻЎ

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
蝴蝶的翅膀  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-29 13:11:55 | 显示全部楼层
Haha, thank you for this one. I guess it is a good way of getting rid of annoiying people. Hope you have a fatanstic time la~
蝴蝶是花的灵魂, 回来寻找她的前身...

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-29 13:50:48 | 显示全部楼层
haha, my time at lunch was fantastic la ... i actually got out of the building ... into the sunlight ... omg ... it was sooooo warm ... haha, i need to wear a winter jacket at where i\'m working ... because i sit directly under the air conditioner -.=  .... 2 more hours to go ~~ o yeah

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
蝴蝶的翅膀  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-1 00:44:31 | 显示全部楼层
That really doesn\'t sound good. I do appreciate the winter has gone already. Well, it is  summer
now and it is so nice outside most of time. We still have six days\' holiday. Hope you could enjoy it.
蝴蝶是花的灵魂, 回来寻找她的前身...

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-1 09:52:24 | 显示全部楼层
haha thanks... it\'s not that bad once you wear a winter jacket... just looks a bit silly ^^ ... do you have any plans for the long weekend? it\'s going to be the last chance for us to relax before everything starts again ````

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-1 10:02:33 | 显示全部楼层
::::::::::::BREAK A LEG:::::::::::::::::::::::

i almost broke my leg today... when i tripped over a fire hydrant ... ^^ i was walking ... listening to music....and CLUNK!!! i bumped into that red thing ... i was sooo embarrased ... HOW CAN I NOT HAVE SEEN IT?!!! people in the street looked at me with smirks on their faces ...

back to the important stuff::

when someone says to you... break a leg ... before a performance, or an exam or something ... don\'t take it at its literal meaning ^^ ... they don\'t want you to fracture something and have to go to the hospital....what they actually mean is ... try hard ... jia you ... do the best you can ... haha....

this phrase is used just in that form.... what i mean is ... you don\'t have to change it ....you don\'t add or subtract anything from it ... when you say it... when your friend is going on stage to perform in front of a hundred people....You can say : break a leg ... to encourage them ... NOT \"i hope you break a leg\" ... or ...\" break your leg\"....

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
pear  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-1 13:18:04 | 显示全部楼层
very clear and very detail
and those great examples i like the way that you give the literary examples and meaning first and then the real meaning.
thankyou for share these and break a leg haha......

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-1 13:53:02 | 显示全部楼层
hahaha .. yea ^^ it\'s my pleasure... writing these out is fun ... and you\'ve even used one!! hei hei ... correctly too ~~~

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
蝴蝶的翅膀  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-1 14:35:15 | 显示全部楼层
I probably will go shopping as I normally do. What\'s your plan for the weekend?  
I heard about the meanning of \"break a leg\" before, but I almost forget the correct meaning of it. Good for recalling. Right now, I am quite sure I will remember it.
蝴蝶是花的灵魂, 回来寻找她的前身...

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-5 19:20:28 | 显示全部楼层
::::: PAIN IN THE BUTT/NECK::::::::
This one should be pretty easy to understand.... usually, when you are describing a person or an action ... and you don\'t like it... you can use this phrase.
For example. \"Joe is such a pain in the neck, he harrasses me about getting my laundry done constantly!\" or \"Cutting the grass is such a pain in the butt, our lawn has so many bushes on it and I have to cut around all of them!!!\" ...
Neck and Butt are interchangeable... if that\'s the correct spelling ^^... but of course, neck is the more polite and formal version... so when you are at an important meeting, refrain from using the word \"butt\".
AND... when you use this phrase... there\'s often an explanation following it ... if you read my examples, the justification of the usage of the phrase is always there. If you say it... and provide no reason, people are just going to think that you are strange/weird.

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关注

粉丝

主题
精彩推荐
热门资讯
网友晒图
图文推荐