meihuanggui  贵宾  发表于 2006-8-28 15:18:17 | 显示全部楼层
我在winnipegfreepress上也没找到今天又那个消息
http://lfpress.ca/cgi-bin/publis ... s&s=pets_nature
我从这个网站里找到的是12号的,我看了一下基本是在11-13号之间好像

AUG. 12 -- Perseid meteor show \'the best of the bunch\'
Daniela Simunac
The London Free Press
  August 12, 2006   

Park your lawn chairs in a dimmed area outside if you want to catch a glimpse of the Perseid meteor shower, which peaks tonight.

A stream of small particles in space will move like a river as the Earth crosses through it sideways, creating \"little flashing streaks,\" said Peter Jedicke, astronomy professor at Fanshawe College.

The tiny particles move very fast and create a \"dramatic and exciting flash in the sky,\" he said.

Jedicke is former national president of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada.

Although there are generally about 20 meteor showers in a year, the Perseid is \"the best of the bunch,\" he said.

It is the most reliable meteor shower, occurring annually around Aug. 12. It comes at a convenient time during summer, when observers tend to spend more time outdoors, Jedicke said.

The streaks of light are visible for less than three seconds and the longer streaks can be seen about once every five to 15 minutes, he said.

It won\'t be possible to see every streak tonight due to a recent full moon that will wash out the dimmer streaks.

It is possible to take pictures of the nightly display, he said. Just \"don\'t lie in a lawn chair under a street light.\"

Looking to the east increases your chances of seeing the shower. Results are best later in the night.

\"Just keep your eyes open. Patience and diligence are two things you need,\" Jedicke said.

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Yan  版主  发表于 2006-8-28 17:58:23 | 显示全部楼层
我也查了,已经过了。太晚啦。呜呜呜呜。。。。。 去年有看,真是好棒呢。在温尼泊看太亮了,晚上的灯光太多。去年是裹着大毛毯躺在我家凉台上看的,那时还在布兰顿。 看到了无数颗,许了无数的愿。

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-29 08:57:24 | 显示全部楼层
NO NO NO ~~~ you guys ~~~~
i actually when out and sat under the stars last night... it was freezing ... in a miniskirt ... and there was no meteor shower ....

BUT ~~
I saw 3 shooting stars~!!!!!
There was one ... it was soooo long .... I was SUPER happy...
when i saw the beginning of it, i screamed ... and my friends said huh? and turned their head towards where I was looking, and they still saw the latter part of it ....
It was such a good one that i thought it was FAKE ... but everyone were impressed....
it was beautiful ... that was a bit past 11... i think.....
we sat out until midnight, and i saw 2 little ones.... but they were nothing when compared with THE one ... haha....
because we were already out at 10... we got too cold at 11:45... went into the cars and looked out the sunroof .... but there wasn\'t any for a long time... finally we just drove home ... but yea....
i thought the wait was worth it ... that single shooting star just made everyone so excited ^^ ....

here\'s a man who can always see a shooting star in the mirror ^^ ....

[ 本帖最后由 Kanina 于 2006-8-29 09:09 编辑 ]
Q(^.^Q)    ♡§мإ Ŀε♡ Ŧăkз м3 ăώǻЎ

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
网记  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-29 09:59:47 | 显示全部楼层
哈哈哈,楼上的,我说的没有错吧。。。

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-29 10:37:41 | 显示全部楼层
lao da ... mei you liu xing \"YU\" hao bu hao ...
there was just ... random shooting stars la ....
it happens like every night .... just not that bright .... not like the big one i saw last night

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
bugbug  贵宾  发表于 2006-8-29 11:00:48 | 显示全部楼层
lz骗人,大家快点扁他啊!
前有文叔,后有十三 两者相较,该取其谁 难啊难啊难啊~~~~ buggy的苦恼

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-29 11:19:35 | 显示全部楼层
hehe... zhi shao ye kan dao ji ke ma ~~~ he kuang you na ge da de ... zou ta shi bu zhi yu l....

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
网记  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-29 12:07:50 | 显示全部楼层
haha, i\'ll take u away....la

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
网记  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-29 12:09:13 | 显示全部楼层
这回好了,我把标题改过来了,u guys check it out la

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册